Meet Our Vendors! is an ongoing series where you’ll be able to get a sneak peek of who you’ll see in November! Feel free to leave comments and questions–for us and for the vendor–about products, practices, and anything else that’s on your mind.
We’re going to bet you’re pretty darn familiar with Babycakes NYC, the staple gluten-free, allergy-free bakery on-site at Walt Disney World. Once a Downtown Disney establishment, and maintaining a home in nearly all of the resorts and restaurants, Babycakes NYC provides Disney go’ers gluten, dairy, egg, and soy-free vegan baked goods. They started out in NYC, since then launched cookbooks, and now are a quick fan favourite. Even better — they’ll be at the Food Allergy and Celiac Convention this fall!
Like every Wednesday, we chatted with one of our vendors and this week was Babycakes. This is what they had to say:
1. What’s the craziest/funniest/most memorable time you’ve experienced with a Babycakes NYC fan?
The best moment I’ve spent with a fan was at the bakery one Saturday morning watching her child who had severe food allergies eat her first cupcake ever. She kept pushing it away thinking we were playing a game with her because she had never been allowed to eat cake before and as she took her first bite she was giggling and clapping it was a moment I’ll never forget.
2. You provide treats to guests at the most magical place on earth! If you could create an entirely new cupcake inspired by a Disney attraction what would it be?
If I could design a cupcake for Disney it would be inspired by Tinkerbell because she is loyal, sweet, sassy and always trying to help fix problems. It would be a vanilla cupcake with lemon frosting and some sort of fairy dust, sparkly dusting.
3. If the Fab Five (Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, and Pluto) ordered Babycakes NYC treats, which would each of them pick?
Mickey is a classic kind of guy, so he would definitely go with a Chocolate Chip Cookie. Minnie would go for a Red Velvet Cupcake, Donald would get a Cookie Crunch Donut, Goofy would fancy our Cinnamon Sugar Toastie Loaf, and I’m pretty sure Pluto would just want a tub of frosting! [editor's note: check out everything here!]
4. We’re missing the Disney location big time; any details on what else might be in store?
We’re not sure what the future holds for us but we’re doing everything we can to continue to provide our product to as many resorts and locations on Disney property as possible, including Landscape of Flavors at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Everything Pop at Disney’s Pop Century Resort, The Beach Club Marketplace, The Boardwalk Bakery, The Mara at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, and The Gardens Kiosk at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
5. It’s time for breakfast… but the catch it, it’s the morning of the WDW Marathon! What do you fuel with? (We know it’s cinnamon rolls!)
We’d start with our bagel (made with gluten free oat and millet flour) spread with our vegan butter and homemade jam and then save the cinnamon roll for the finish line!
Visit Babycakes NYC: