Over here at FACCWDW, we’re getting excited to unveil the news for this year, and we definitely need some goodies to fuel our event planning needs. Thank goodness for PASCHA, one of our vendors from last year’s event, providing us with delicious recipes to give us our chocolate fix.
First up? Muffins, loaded with chocolate… and a super secret ingredient. Thanks to PASCHA for providing us with this amazing recipe!
Next, stay tuned for a double dose of cookies featuring PASCHA!
Chocolate Chip Avocado Allergen Free Muffins
Free from peanuts, nuts, dairy, soy, eggs, fish, wheat, and gluten.
1/2 cup mashed avocado, approximately 1 large
1 teaspoon lime or lemon juice
1/2 cup organic cane sugar
1/3 cup real maple syrup
1 cup mashed bananas, approximately 4 small
2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
1/3 cup buckwheat flour
½ cup sorghum flour
½ cup potato starch
1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking soda
1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
250 g (1pkg) 85% Cacao PASCHA chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the avocado with the lime or lemon juice. Stir in the cane sugar and maple syrup until well mixed. Add the bananas and vanilla extract and continue stirring until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl combine buckwheat, sorghum, potato starch, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Add the flour mixture all at once to the avocado mixture and stir to combine.
5. Mix in PASCHA chocolate chips, place paper liners in muffin tray, and fill each muffin cup 2/3 full.
6. Bake for approximately 20-30 minutes or until muffin tops are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.